Ontario which means “Lake of Shining Waters” is the second largest province in Canada. They almost have everything, from amazing sculptures, diversed landscapes, lakes, mountains, rivers and water falls. I love being outside in the wild but I don’t have the luxury of time to during my visit in Canada. I made a simple video compilation of my humble trip in Ontario. I hope you liked it.
Places to Visit in Canada
- Niagara Falls – Ever since I am already amazed by water falls. I already visited several falls in the Philippines but Niagara Falls is astounding in so many ways. First it is located in the boarder of Canada and United States and so part of it is located in Ontario Canada and New York State USA. Apart from that, it is composed of three water falls, the Horseshoe Falls, American Falls and the Bridal Veil Falls. The mist coming from the falls gave me a therapeutic feeling maybe it is because of the overall picture of Niagara Falls and the energy coming from the fall itself.
- Rogers Centre – For western people and those who lives in Canada, stadiums like the Rogers centre might be just a normal thing but for me who lives in the Philippines it was really an amazing experience to get inside and see it for myself. And my excitement was intensified when the Blue Jays team started to play. One more special about Roger Centre is you can see the CN tower from your seat when the roof is open.
Trivia: Did you know that its original name is SkyDome, it is the home of Toronto Blue Jays of Major League Baseball. The stadium was renamed “Rogers Centre” following the purchase of the stadium by Rogers Communications who also owned the Toronto Blue Jays in 2005.
- CN Tower Toronto – I am a fan of Grey’s Anatomy, if you watch this series you know what I’m about to say. That Space Needle tower in Seattle inspired me to stop over in the tallest structure in every place i am going to visit. And yes I visited CN tower and its breath taking.
Trivia: Did you know that CN Tower in Toronto held the record for the world’s tallest free-standing structure for 32 years from 1975-2007 and was the world’s tallest tower until 2009
- Ripley’s Aquarium – Most of us might have gone to different ocean parks or giant aquariums where you can find different water species and usually recreational canters like this can be found somewhere far from the city centre. But not in Toronto because Ripley’s aquarium is situated just beside the CN tower and so if you are planning to visit CN tower might as well go to Ripley’s aquarium especially if you are visiting with your kids they will not just enjoy all the marine and fresh water habitats but will also learn about them. Personally I was entertained by the Planet Jellies exhibit, Rainbow Reef, The Canadians water exhibit. And there are more for you to see.
- China Town – Chinese are everywhere and so China Town is present in most countries. Businessmen as they are every China Town becomes the centre of trading and this true in Ontario. You will find anything you need in China Town from restaurants, shopping malls, and souvenir stores. Just an advice if you are planning to eat Chinese food please check the restaurant’s review first we had a bad experience in one of the restaurant there. But Aside from it is all good especially in buying souvenirs cause it’s really cheaper.
I was not able to capture all but there are a lot more, during summer please do visit High Park, Scarborough Bluffs and Kingston 1000 Islands Cruises.